JUNIOR SUMMER INTENSIVE
August 3 – 13, 2020
This two-week program is designed for the pre-pointe and beginning pointe ballet student, ages 9 to 12, looking for serious training. The program builds strength for pointe, and prepares the student for advanced movement.
Curriculum: ballet technique, pre-pointe/beginning pointework, variation, contemporary, jazz and pilates
International Guest Faculty may include
Larissa Saveliev, Founder and Artistic Director of Youth America Grand Prix
Misha Tchoupakov, Internationally Renowned Dance Instructor and YAGP Resident Master Teacher
SBA Resident Faculty
Guest faculty are subject to change without notice.
Audition Days and Times
Saturday, February 1, 2020
Fountain Valley Studio – 9527 Garfield Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Ages 9-12 – no pointework required (Ballet 3 and up)
Online Pre-Registration: $35 Registration Fee for non-Southland Ballet Academy students
Audition Day: $35 Registration Fee for non-Southland Ballet Academy students (cash only and exact cash is preferred)
Online Pre-Registration Form: Click here to register online
Can’t Make The Audition Date?
You must request an audition time in one of the SBA scheduled classes. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred class time to be scheduled.
Audition videos are also accepted. Click here for video audition requirements. A registration form and $25 registration fee are required along with the video. Deadline for video submission is Monday, March 16, 2020.
2020 Tuition & Fees
Tuition Payment Schedule:
- $1,200 – Final payment due no later than March 30, 2020. 50% due by by February 14, 2020 with final payment due by March 30, 2020
Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. In cases of withdrawal for severe illness or injury that is documented by a physician, a partial refund minus a $500 deposit may be given on a case by case basis.
Scholarships available for advanced male dancers, ages 15 and up.
Fun activities are planned for the group and dancers choose which level they would like to participate:
- Activity Fee: $110 – includes a student ticket to Gala of the Stars, SBA summer t-shirt & dvd of Inspired Young Dancer Performance
Final Day Performance
Performance held Thursday, August 13, 2020
- Students will perform in the 1st act of the “Gala of the Stars”
- Students will receive a ticket and will be escorted after their performance to the auditorium to watch the remainder of the Gala performance
“Gala of the Stars” Tickets and Events
- Parent and friends can buy tickets to the gala performance on August 13, 2020
- Welcome the Stars Dinner: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 – more info coming soon
- Post-Gala Dinner With the Stars: Thursday, August 13, 2020 – more info coming soon