INTERNATIONAL SUMMER INTENSIVE
2019 Summer Camp Dates and Information will be announced February 1, 2019.
August 6 – 17, 2018 – Fountain Valley
Designed for male and female dancers, ages 11 to 20, Southland Ballet’s Summer Intensive is dedicated to excellence in training the aspiring professional dancer. During this extensive program, students, divided into professional, advanced and intermediate levels, are offered the rare opportunity to benefit under the guidance and expertise of internationally known Ballet Masters.
Curriculum: ballet technique, pointe, variations, contemporary, jazz, pilates and pas de deux.
2018 Summer Intensive Faculty:
Christopher Powney, Artistic Director, The Royal Ballet School, UK
More faculty to be announced.
Guest faculty are subject to change without notice.
Audition Days and Times:
Saturday, February 10, 2018
Fountain Valley Studio – 9527 Garfield Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Ages 11-13 – pointe work required
11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Ages 14-20 – pointe work required
Online Pre-Registration: $35 Registration Fee for non-Southland Ballet Academy students
Audition Day: $30 Registration Fee for non-Southland Ballet Academy students (cash only and exact cash is preferred)
Online Pre-Registration Form:
Audition Day Registration Form:
Can’t Make The Audition Date?:
You must request an audition time in one of the SBA scheduled classes. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred class time to be scheduled.
Audition videos are also accepted. Click here for video audition requirements. A registration form and $25 registration fee are required along with the video. Deadline for video submission is Monday, March 19, 2018.
2018 Tuition & Fees:
Tuition Payment Schedule:
- $1,900 – Final payment due no later than May 1, 2018
Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. In cases of withdrawal for severe illness or injury that is documented by a physician, a partial refund may be given on a case by case basis.
Scholarships available for advanced male dancers, ages 15 and up.
Housing is available from August 5-August 18, 2018. The housing fee includes:
- Room and board at the Residence Inn, Fountain Valley
- 3 meals a day
- Transportation to and from the studio, theatre and different events
- $2,300: Housing fee for the two-week program. 50% due by March 16, 2018 with final payment due no later than May 1, 2018
Fun activities are planned for the group and dancers choose which level they would like to participate:
- Premium Activity Fee: $275 – includes a ticket to Disneyland for Saturday, August 11th, Welcome the Stars yacht dinner on Thursday, August 16th, a student ticket to Gala of the Stars at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, SBA summer t-shirt & dvd of Inspired Young Dancer Performance
- Upgraded Activity Fee: $155 – includes Welcome the Stars yacht dinner on Thursday, August 16th, a student ticket to Gala of the Stars at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, SBA summer t-shirt & dvd of Inspired Young Dancer Performance
- Basic Activity Fee: $90 – includes a student ticket to Gala of the Stars at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, SBA summer t-shirt & dvd of Inspired Young Dancer Performance
Final Day Performance:
Inspired Young Dancer Performance held Friday, August 17, 2018 at Segerstrom Center For The Arts
*Prices and information may be subject to change without notice
Private coaching can be arranged with Summer Intensive faculty, and studio space will be available for rental. Please contact email@example.com prior to July 5, 2018 with requests. Availability of guest faculty is not guaranteed.